Monday, July 4, 2016

Norwich, Connecticut

I moved to the Norwich Housing Authority for low-income people in February 1992. I absolutely hated it. The apartment was small, old and dumpy, and the dividing walls were paper-thin. A large family lived next to me and the kids drove me crazy. There was always tons of kids and other commotion outside as well.

My financial struggles continued, I could barely get any sleep, and the stress took its toll on my asthma. While it was nice to be close to my sister and nieces, it was a move I would quickly come to regret. Just four months later I was in the hospital with a breakdown. My father, who had since moved to Florida, drove up and helped ship me out west with Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.