Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Here Comes the Rain... Again

The rain has returned. I wasn’t kidding when I said we’ve had more rain this year than in all the years we’ve been in this area. At least it keeps things quiet around here.

Still no anxiety since around the 10th, like I told my PCP. She said she’s requesting the GYN referral, keep my appointment in March, but come see her sooner if I need to.

I forgot to mention that when I told S my original plan was to throw her in a story, make her do all kinds of funny things, then eventually Facebook it to her, she got a kick out of it. Maybe I will surprise her with a little something someday, though I’m not sure what. Right now I have a few writing projects to keep me busy.

I had a series of long, detailed dreams last night, one of which wasn’t very good. First I was at the beach somewhere, then I was in a large conference room. There were several large tables in the room and maybe a few dozen people. I sat by myself at the end of one table writing in a notebook.

Then we were staying at some hotel. I went down to the front desk to extend our stay another day or two. The girl behind the desk resembled Amber, some bully I once ran into online years ago. She threw something in my direction that looked like a shiny silver needle, but it disappeared once it hit the floor.

“I can’t find what you threw at me,” I told her.

“Oh, really?” she said, gazing over the counter. “I was trying to give you this.”

“This” was a piece of paper saying that I was a suspect in an attempted murder investigation which I knew nothing about.

Knowing that our stay wouldn’t be extended, I returned to our room where I could hear Tom snoring, but couldn’t see him because he was napping behind a partition. My first thought was to tell him when he woke up, but then the dream ended with me realizing that I should wake him up so we could get the hell out of there, figuring that if I was a suspect, then the cops would probably show up at the hotel soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment