Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Stormy Weather


Yesterday turned out to be a great day. I had no anxiety at all, and again, I’m no closer to figuring out what triggers it and what stops it. It’s very random and unpredictable. There might be a pattern, however, where I seem to be more likely to be anxious when I’m well rested and more energetic as opposed to tired. What am I supposed to do then, make sure I don’t get enough sleep?

A friend said birth control helped her get through perimenopause, but that’s another issue right there… I don’t know what, if any, my magic concoction is. And even more so, I don’t know what I can take that won’t give me unbearable side effects. Hell, I’m terrified just to lose more weight. My thyroid medication is way too weight-sensitive and just a few micrograms too many is all it takes to send some of us straight into hell. For now, I just enjoy what peace and calmness I can get and try not to let it disrupt my daily life.

This weather sure is disrupting my outdoor workouts. We had an unbelievable storm last night! I’ve been here almost a decade and I never heard such fierce wind before. I loved listening to the pounding rain and the howling wind and the wind chimes surrounding the place, but come on! Enough is enough already and I want to go outdoors for a run. Skiing to shows is okay, but every now and then I like to get out in the fresh air for my workouts. I work at home, so I make a point of getting out regularly.

Not much else going on right now. Tom is on his way home from work.

Taught Burke some more tricks last night, and I’m sure he’ll be ready to come out and play soon enough as the nighttime sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment