Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Girlfriend Social


I was going to join Girlfriend Social, a place for women to meet other women in their area for platonic relationships, but then I stopped myself for the usual reasons.

1. The type of person I would want to be friends with probably wouldn’t join a site like this.

2. I remember those that dumped me and that I thought truly cared about me and seemed to accept me as I am.

3. I don’t drive which would mean that all the driving would be on her, which most people would find unfair.

4. I don’t need to be questioned or judged for things like my sleep disorder, driving phobia, not having a regular 9-to-5, and simply not being “normal.” Remember, I’m the one that has to live with these hardships.

5. No relationship of any kind be it platonic or not has ever been able to be “forced,” arranged or planned in advance by me. Anyone I’ve ever been meant to meet was totally unplanned and unexpected. I totally believe without a doubt that in my case friendships and relationships can’t be “worked for.” They either happen on their own or they don’t. I wasn’t looking for Tom and I wasn’t looking for the friends I’ve met online. We simply met one day on or off-line and started talking. The rest played itself out on its own for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment