Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Maliheh

One of Maliheh’s email account was hacked by a scammer pushing diet products. I received an email that was sent to me and about a half a dozen of her contacts. This is the account where we did most of our communication. Why the hell am I still in her contacts after all this time?

What was strange was the quote enclosed in the email.

“Small crimes always precede great ones. Never have we seen timid innocence pass suddenly to extreme licentiousness.”

I just find it odd that a criminal would hack someone’s account for the sake of promoting spam, and then enclose a quote about criminal nature.

Anyway, I don’t know if she’ll get it but I emailed her at her other email account and told her she’s been hacked and that I want to be removed from her contacts. We’ll never be friends again, not that she was ever a true friend to begin with, and she shouldn’t have any reason to have my address in her contacts.

I am really sick of living in old places. This may be a far cry from something that’s as old or older than I am, but it’s old enough that some of the windows don’t quite close all the way. One of the windows at the end of the living room, which has the largest gap, has been sealed with scotch tape. I threw a strip along the bottom edge of the window and the frame. Since we're not going to be here all our lives, we're not replacing them.

I have a purple shirt with a crisscross design in front on its way to me from Amazon, plus scented markers from Walmart to take to my arts and crafts group, which I’ll attend as my schedule permits unless I decide I don’t like it or the people for some reason.

Stacey showed up in my dreams again last night (what’s with all the Stacey dreams lately?), but I don’t remember what it was about.

I had a dream where I went to see Dr. A. But instead of meeting with her alone in a small exam room, she sat behind a counter with a few other people. I said something like, “I hope I don’t get the flu again because each time I get it, it hits me harder, so by the time I’m 60, it will kill me.”

A few minutes later she said something I couldn’t hear. I asked her to repeat it, but instead of doing so she simply glared at me with an annoyed expression. Tom couldn’t get her to repeat herself either.

So we left the clinic or whatever the hell it was, and before he could get in the car I was off and running down the freeway on foot. A young woman on a bike passed me a minute later. A few minutes later I waved to Tom when I saw his car coming around a bend, but he kept going. I figured it was illegal to stop there or maybe dangerous cuz of the curve.

Then I was leaving a voice message for a doctor, but as I went to speak the doctor’s name I was leaving it for, it came out as just gibberish.

No comments:

Post a Comment